Shape your future career
Student Membership shows you’re committed to your professional future. It gives you the strength of CIPD support for your study success, and works with CIPD qualifications to put you on the path to professional recognition.
As a Student Member, you’ll be equipped for study success. You’ll benefit from professional content, study guides, and tips for your assessments. You’ll be part of the CIPD community where you can network and learn from the experience of senior professionals, as well as connect with fellow Student Members for friendly support.
This grade could be for you if …
- you’re currently studying or are about to study a CIPD qualification
- you may be looking for your first role in the people profession, or you could already be working within a people team
- you could be working full or part-time alongside your studies
When you complete your studies, you’ll become a Foundation Member or Associate Member.
What people say about being a Student Member
I believe that the CIPD qualification provides me with a major advantage in securing an HR-related position
CIPD Student member
As a CIPD Student member I value updates on the latest HR topics from around the world.
CIPD Student member
Student membership benefits
Your CIPD membership is here to support and advance your studies at every stage. Explore our member benefits below:
Start building the professional abilities and sought-after skills that today’s employers are looking for
If you've already enrolled for a CIPD qualification please use the same email address when you join, so you can access all of your Student Member benefits straight away
We offer a raft of qualifications to support your career ambitions and help you get a head start in the people profession
Student Member fees
Student membership is discounted and costs 40% less than our Associate membership fees. Join Student Membership online today. You must enrol on your qualification within nine months of becoming a Student Member.
|Study a qualification route||Fee (1 Jan 2023 - 30 June 2023)||Fee (1 Jan 2023 - 30 June 2024)|
|Qualification fee||Set by individual study centres||Set by individual study centres|
|Student Member fee*||£50||£149|
|Total||Qualification fee and £90||Qualification fee and £189|
You can pay by card or through direct debit instalments, and you’ll need to renew your membership annually on 1 July. We’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due.
* Depending on when you join in the year, we offer different membership fee options.
Not sure if becoming a Student Member is right for you?
You may also be interested in
- Membership terms and conditions
- More about careers in the people profession
- Registering your Award qualification obtained through a centre? Complete the Award registration form.
- All Student Members need to be committed to their Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and comply with our Code of Professional Conduct