Make your experience count
Experience Assessment is a rigorous, time-efficient and rewarding way for HR and L&D professionals, practitioners and consultants to become a professional member of the CIPD.
Experience Assessment is a great choice if you:
- Have current HR or L&D experience appropriate to the level you’re applying for.
- Want recognition for your HR or L&D contribution to organisational success.
- Seek a flexible route into professional membership that works around your lifestyle without having to study a full qualification.
Experience Assessment is a great process for HR professionals to reflect and self-evaluate their work and accomplishments whilst also identifying opportunities for development. ...The CIPD certification is also an important testament of the professional standard and capabilities of HR.
Wei Wei Watson
FCIPD, Chief Human Resources Officer, AIA Hong Kong and Macau
The Experiential Assessment that I went through in getting my Chartered MCIPD provided me with the validation that I am on the right career trajectory and that my achievements have put me on par with the highest standards in the profession.
C P Tham, MCIPD
Asia Regional HR, Talent and OD Business Partner
I gained HR knowledge through on-the-job training so I decided to embark on the Experience Assessment programme to benchmark my HR knowledge against recognised standards. It gave me assurances that there was rigor in the membership qualification process.
Min Yi Chow
Chartered MCIPD, Deputy Head of HR, Asia Pac - Aberdeen Asset Management
Watch this video to find out why this could be the route for you
Find out more about the experience assessment route into CIPD Membership. Available to both individuals and organisations seeking to be benchmarked against International standards.
The process explained
Understand how Experience Assessment works in four easy steps
Check your eligibility
Book your FREE pre-assessment discussion
Complete the assessment
Receive the outcome of your assessment
Step 1: Check your eligibility
Step 2: Book your pre-assessment discussion
If you think you meet all of the requirements, the next step is to have a FREE 30 minute pre-assessment discussion to determine whether Experience Assessment is the right route into professional membership for you.
Our assessors are based in the UK and pre-assessment discussions will be scheduled during UK working hours. Book today! Call us on: +44 (0)20 8612 6208 to arrange your pre-assessment discussion or call our Singapore office on (65) 6338 4528 for general information regarding Experience Assessment.
For information, tips and advice on how to prepare for your FREE pre-assessment discussion, download our guide below.
Step 3: Complete the assessment
Experience Assessment is both challenging and rewarding, and designed to fit around your full-time work commitments. You should expect to invest around 10-15 days of your time over an eight week period to do the following online assessments:
- Impact report: demonstrate how you’ve contributed to your organisation’s success
- Self assessment: demonstrate how you meet the behaviours required of an effective HR or L&D professional
- Case study: provide a business report for a fictional organisation
- Workplace feedback: provide feedback from people you work with, including your line manager (or client, if you’re a consultant).
- Professional discussion: Approximately 3-4 weeks after you complete the online assessment you’ll have a half day professional discussion with one of our assessors to explore your evidence in more detail.
Step 4: Receive the outcome of your assessment
You will learn the outcome of your assessment within 6 weeks and receive a tailored report to support your continuing professional development.
You will be awarded professional membership of the CIPD with designatory letters after your name:
- Associate member (Assoc CIPD)
- Chartered Member (Chartered MCIPD)
- Chartered Fellow (Chartered FCIPD)
We’ll also send you your new professional member card and certificate.
Experience Assessment fees
Experience Assessment is a one-off investment in your career and personal development and is a way into all the benefits that professional membership brings. The cost depends on the level of membership you’re applying for.
To go through Experience Assessment you will need to pay the following:
- One-off joining fee
- Subscription for the year (relevant to the level of membership you're applying for)
- Experience Assessment fee (relevant to the level of membership you're applying for)
See our membership fees.
Note: All fees are payable in advance and non-refundable.
Fees for up to 12 months membership
You will need to renew your membership on 1 July 2018 and each year after that. Don’t worry, we’ll send you renewal information well before the due date to remind you how much is due. Annual payment will be collected until you advise us otherwise.
|Membership type||Assessment fee||Joining fee||Membership fee||Total|
Experience Assessment for organisations
Experience Assessment for organisations allows you to benchmark your HR and L&D teams against our CIPD Profession Map, which reflects the industry standard and reward their achievements with professional membership. Experience Assessment will enable your organisation to:
- create targeted development plans across your HR and L&D functions
- provide a highly rewarding development experience for your employees
- professionalise your HR and L&D function through affiliation with the CIPD.
Experience Assessment for organisations can easily be incorporated into broader development initiatives and we’ll work with you to tailor our approach to meet your team’s specific needs.
Call us on (65) 6338 4528 to find out how the CIPD can help.
See how else the CIPD can work with you to improve your organisation's performance by strengthening your HR capability.
Case study: Maxis and Experience Assessment
For Maxis, Malaysia’s biggest telecommunications provider, being first to market is essential to its commercial success. Their people strategy involves investment across their support functions, including HR, to ensure the business is supported by the very best. Maxis chose Experience Assessment to help develop and recognise their HR teams and are already seeing the benefits:
We are already seeing a positive difference in how people are partnering with the business. It has encouraged a real shift in mind set – it’s helped them stop and think about what they do, the impact they’ve had and the value they can bring to Maxis. The CIPD has given us access to a credible international standard for exceptional HR and we are very proud to know that our HR teams match up to that gold standard.
Susan Gleave Chartered MCIPD, SGM, Head of Maxis Academy and Talent Management